Cookies are very small text files that a website saves to your computer’s hard disk. The purpose of a cookie is to store any information that you give about yourself, or to save your preferences.
At a basic level, cookies will,
- allow our website to work properly, and help keep it secure
- help us understand how people use the website
- make the site easier to use by remembering information that you’ve entered
- improve your experience by showing you information that’s relevant to you.
The cookies we use let our website store certain types of information, and not others.
The Types of Cookies we Use
There are lots of different cookies with different purposes. The ones we use fall into the following categories:
- Necessary cookies – These cookies let you move around our websites and use all the
features. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to do things like use forms to apply for
products. These cookies also help keep your online session secure.
- Performance cookies – These simply help us improve the way our website works. They tell.
us how people use each page, which ones are viewed most often, or whether any errors
- Third party cookies – These cookies are placed on a user’s hard disk by a Web site from a
domain other than the one a user is visiting.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies help make sure the adverts you see on your screen are
relevant and useful to you.
- Remarketing cookies – These cookies are placed on a user’s hard disk during their visit to
our website and generate adverts that are aimed at encouraging you back to our website.
- Social media cookies – These types of cookies mean that you can share content from our
website on your own social media.
By using our website, you’re consenting to us using cookies in the ways described above. But if you change your mind, you can alter your cookie settings at any time through your browser settings
Changing your Cookie Settings
We recommend that you don’t change your cookie settings, as blocking some or all of them may affect how well our website performs for you. But if you do decide to change them, you can do this through your browser. Each browser works in a different way, so a good place to start is by searching ‘cookie settings’ in your browser’s help section.
To find out how to delete cookies, please refer to the ‘how to delete cookies’ section below.
Necessary cookies are only placed on your hard disk by our websites, and not by any third parties.
Our necessary cookies will:
- enable our web applications to work
- help keep your browsing and account sessions secure
Our necessary cookies won’t:
- store information on how you use our website
- send any information to third parties
To make you aware, it’s a condition of using our websites to accept these cookies. If you block them, we can’t guarantee or predict how our website will perform.
Examples of the information collected include:
- What content people view, their browsing actions and how they interact with our websites
- The time and date that people use our websites or apps
- Inputs made and values submitted to our tools and calculators, where this is relevant to our analysis
- What leads people to our websites
- What technology people use to access our website or apps
- The general geographical location that people access our websites from (e.g. city/town)
- Identifiers such as visitor number or IP Address that may allow the information collected to be linked to an individual.
Our performance cookies allow us to:
- Understand how our websites are used so we can make them better for our customers
- Measure the performance of our websites
- Test different versions of our websites
- Understand what technologies we should design our website or apps to work with
- Track trends to help us plan for the future
- Link website and apps activity to other channels that people use to contact us (such as phoning), to find ways to improve our service.
Our performance cookies won’t:
- Store personal information on your device beyond your current visit to our website
Third party cookies
Content or applications provided by our following key suppliers are covered by their own policies:
Please note, Sanders Mortgages and NM Mortgages are not responsible for the content of external websites.
Some of our targeting cookies are placed on your hard disk by our websites, and others are placed by third parties, including advertisers. For example, we use call tracks to find out where on our site calls were made from.
Our targeting cookies allow us to:
- Track referrals to our websites from third party companies
- Understand your activity on our website or by phone to provide you with content that is more relevant to you, which will help you on your online journey
Our targeting cookies won’t
- Store or share any secure information about you
If you prefer, you can choose to just turn off advertising cookies by blocking specific companies. You’ll still see adverts on the internet, but they might not be tailored to your likely interests or preferences.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called “remarketing cookie” during your visit.
We use these adverts to offer special offers etc. to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at any time.
Social media cookies
These types of cookies mean that you can easily “Like” or share our content on sites such as Facebook and Twitter, also sharing buttons on our website.
How to delete cookies
To remove or prevent cookies being stored on your computer in the future, please refer to your internet browsers instructions. For more information on how to delete cookies
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call us on 01933 222441
Your opinions are important to us. Whether it is a simple question or a valuable suggestion, we are here 24/7. You can call us by phone or email us directly.
7 Sheep Street,
Sanders Mortgage & Insurance Specialists, a trading name of Lottstone LLP, is an appointed representative of NM Mortgages Ltd
which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. NM Mortgages Ltd is registered in England with registered
offices at Russell House, Elvicta Business Park, Crickhowell, Wales, NP8 1DF and Company No. 5336870.